Sunday, December 2, 2012

Drumroll Please…

In case you are interested, I would like to explain how I came up with this list. In thinking about what I haven’t done but would like to do, I have developed a list of things (some projects and others just one-time experiences) that I think would be a great filler for my 25th year. I am holding myself accountable for each one (and hope you hold me to it as well!) and hoping that by this time next year, I’ll have some great words of wisdom to pass on to you.

And so, the moment you have all been waiting for! Here is my list of the 25 things I would like to accomplish while I’m 25…If there was background music I would be playing it would definitely be something from Beyonce.

[The Projects]

1. Write a cookbook. I love to cook (and I’m actually really good at it). So, I’d like to compile my personal recipes into an official cookbook…with the hardbound cover and everything.

2. Knit a blanket. Knitting is a hobby I took up a few years back. It’s really relaxing, but I have nothing to show for it. I hope it turns out well!

3. RUN half marathon #3. I have completed 2 half marathons already, so now would like to conquer the super physical aspect of the race. I would like to… wait for it… run the half marathon (13.1 miles) in 2.5 hours. OUCH.

4. Grow my hair out. I really don’t like hair. I usually grow my hair long enough in order to give 10 inches away. I will be “long hair don’t care” for a whole year, and make the BIG cut when I’m 26! I need help on how big that cut will be!

5. Read a book… start to finish. I really don’t read. At all. I stopped that once I graduated college. I haven’t picked the book yet, but I’m actually looking forward to reading it!

[The Adventures]

6. Travel to Seattle, Washington. I have always been fond of Seattle (probably for it’s famous coffee). So, I want to travel to the northwest and see the sights, namely… bringing me to number 7. Go to the original Starbucks and drink my soy mocha when I… number 8. Go to the original Nordstrom. I cannot wait. Of course I can’t go anywhere without trying the food, so I would like to…number 9. Indulge myself in whatever the signature food of Seattle is. Obviously I need to research!

[The Things I Haven’t Tried But Kinda Always Wanted To]

10. Take up cupcake-caking. Because secretly I love Martha Stewart and she said this is the new thing in baking. And clearly, I’m hip.

11. Dye my hair. Yikes!

12. Run a 30-minute 5K. That’s about a 10 min/mile pace. I think that will be child’s play…lol.

13. Take a trapeze class. I have the gymnastics background, so circus training seems like the next clear step in my acrobatic career. In case you don’t know what I’m talking about, I urge you to watch Sex in the City, Season 6, Episode 8 “The Catch.”

14. Go Wine Tasting. The wino’s Disneyland.

15. Find a fitness activity. I don’t know what this will be, but I’d like to take up some sort of fitness hobby. I know that once the half marathon is over, I won’t start running again until I decide to train for the next half. Whether it’s taking up dance or Flirty Girl Fitness, I’ll keep you posted!

16. Watch the films nominated for “Best Film” at the Academy Awards. I’ve never done it, but this should give me something more to judge than the fashion.

17. Experience Wrigley Field. I love the Dodgers, but something about seeing a Chicago Cubs game sounds like a blast. For those who don’t like baseball, no one asked you! :)

[The “Fears” I Want to Conquer]

There are some things that I just “don’t do,” some things that are really not my style. So, a few of these (very uncomfortable things, mind you) are fears to conquer… ugh. As a disclaimer: I’m pretty conservative, and just typing these things makes me antsy!

18. Purchase a dress you should only wear when you’re a twenty-something. AKA a freakum dress (thank you, Beyonce). AKA a Real Housewife of Atlanta dress (thank you, Nene).

19. Rock said dress in public! With stilettos, of course.

20. Rock red lipstick. To coincide with #18 and #19.

21. Wear a bikini. Summer 2013. Va va voom! I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, I don’t think you’re ready for this jelly. HAHA, again, thank you Beyonce.

22. Do something “new” fashioned. Whether it’s asking a guy for his digits, or being the bold woman all my feminist fans would be, I will be stepping way out of my comfort zone people! Maybe with #21 this won’t be so bad, haha.

[The Things That Are Important But I Only Added Because I Needed a Few More]

23. Get 25 subscribers to my blog. If I can inspire 25 people, I have done my job!

24. Be open and honest during this journey. This includes posting pictures throughout the year! I welcome your comments, too – although the dumb ones won’t get a response.

25. Accomplish all 25 things on this [amazing] list. I don’t want to say that I never finish what I start, but what a way to bring in 26!

So there you have it! Happy reading to you all!

Love, Peace, and Gumbo,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment